"Peter" Weiping Shi, Professor
- 333K WERC
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Texas A&M University
- College Station, TX 77843-3259
- (979) 845-3820 (office)
- (979) 862-1645 (secretary)
- (979) 845-2630 (fax)
- Brief Bio:
- Prof. Shi received Ph.D. in computer science from
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign in 1992.
He taught at
University of North Texas from 1992 to 2000,
and have been with Texas A&M University since 2000.
He was the founder and chairman of Pextra Corporation,
a start-up company specializing in modeling integrated circuits,
until its acquisition in 2009 by
Mentor Graphics Corporation,
a leader in electronic design automation software.
During 2009-2010, he was on leave from the university
to work as an engineering director at Mentor Graphics,
integrating Pextra products into Mentor Graphics flow.
The resulting product, Calibre xACT3D, is highly rated
and widely adopted by the semiconductor industry.
He returned in 2010 to share his knowledge and experience
with the students.
Prior to Pextra, Prof. Shi worked as a consultant for
on yield analysis and enhancement,
and for Cadence Design Systems
on layout synthesis.
- ELEN 248: Introduction to Digital System Design
- ELEN 350: Computer Architecture and Design
- ELEN 468: Advanced Logic Design
- ELEN 475: Introduction to VLSI Design
- ELEN 689: Layout Synthesis of VLSI Circuits
- ELEN 689: Modeling and Simulation of VLSI Circuits
- ELEN 691: My section numbers are 661 (spring and fall), 161 (summer session I), 261 (summer session II), and 361 (full summer).
- Dr. Shi's research interests are Electronic Design Automation (EDA),
Very Large Scale Integration (VLSI) and design and analysis of algorithms.
His current projects include modeling, layout synthesis, and testing.
His research has been founded by
National Science Foundation,
Semiconductor Research Corporation,
See the list of
publications and software.
VLSI CAD Lab